Thread: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - WOW Fast

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - WOW Fast

Loaded Ubuntu 24.04 LTS and wow, nicely done

The install was very easy. The desktop is fast and cleanly responsive.

Personal preference: I like that I can set desktop colors to sage and the choice of a basic software install - so I can add the applications I need and not have a lot of clutter.
    Really great desktop experience

Thanks to all that help here on the forum!
    Ubuntu 24.04 LTS | Toshiba Satellite C655 | i3 2.3Ghz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 8GB RAM | 65GB SSD
    Fedora 38 | Lenovo Edge 15 | i5 1.7Ghz | Intel HD Graphics 4400 | 6GB RAM | 1TB HDD

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - WOW Fast

It did seem fast. Ubuntu 24.04. But then I'm on a relatively new computer with an ssd so it's hard to tell.

The installation was smooth. I like the installer.

I had a problem with the Main Menu app (alacarte). A couple of buttons kept crashing the app. Had to work around that.

And I use secret-tool (package libsecret-tools) to store passwords but the login keyring hadn't been formed automatically so it didn't work. After ten minutes of Googling I created a keyring named login. Logged out and back in and theat's when the system created its own login keyring. So I deleted mine and then secret-tool worked.

Anyway I decided to go back to 22.04 since who knew what else might break.
    Last edited by donald187; 1 Week Ago at 05:49 PM.

Beans

I was on 22.04, but did a clean install yesterday of 24.04, and so far have been really impressed with the performance.

Beans
    Hidden!

The Ubuntu 24 setup is much improved, especially the FDE configuration step. Everything has gone very smoothly on several hosts for me. Big thanks to the devs and community for getting us here.