Thread: Getting Temporary Failure in name resolution in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS under AWS

Beans

Getting Temporary Failure in name resolution in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS under AWS

Hello all

I am facing issue in one of the instances in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS under AWS, I am getting error Temporary failure in name resolution while making ping request and so none of applications running on instance are able to communicate with respective domain.The system was working perfectly fine earlier and all of a sudden the issue has been observed affecting my work.Kindly guide me how to fix same ..thx

Last edited by aruneshdutta; November 13th, 2018 at 05:03 AM.

Beans

Question Re: Getting Temporary Failure in name resolution in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS under AWS

This might be a temporary problem with the DNS server that you are using to resolve hostnames or might be something local. If your problem hasn't fixed itself (it happens), then we need some more information to help you. Could you please post the results of the following commands:

Code:
    ip address

ip route

cat /etc/network/interfaces

cat /etc/resolv.conf

cat /etc/nsswitch.conf 

nslookup ubuntu.com

dig ubuntuforums.org

ping 8.8.8.8

Beans

Re: Getting Temporary Failure in name resolution in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS under AWS

Thanks